[WIP] Complex Doom: LCA (Legendary Complex Addon)

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
Legendary
Forum Regular

[WIP] Re: Complex Doom: LCA (Legendary Complex Addon)

Post by Legendary » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:10 pm

Twinkletwats wrote:
Untitled wrote:You can 'cheat' with a damage factor increase, by only 'excepting' certain damage types.

I did this a while back for one of my mods; the 'Quad Damage' makes MOST weapons 4X, but on a few specific weapons, it only raises to 3X or even 2X.

So what you can make Leg Rune do is make you do double damage on everything EXCEPT the leg weapons, and the devastator and that kind of stuff.
I actually like this idea. This wouldn't require any nerfs for any high-tier enemies, because you can't hurt them with legendary weapons anyways.
The change from legendary ak-47 to legendary lmg was a significant buff to legendary weapons overall, and this type of change would balance that in a sense.
The only issue I think this brings forth is that ammo will become an issue, so maybe you could bring the legendary ammo given by backpacks to pre-1.5.9 levels. Or don't, making players have to be more selective when choosing to use legendary weapons.

Also, before I forget, I found another bug. An issue that was pointed out in 1.5.8 was that the golden homing projectiles used by the legendary behemoth lasted excessively long. Last night I managed to get a true legendary cardinal to spawn, and I'm not sure if it was him or a legendary behemoth that he spawned, but those projectiles were back and this time they simply never disappeared. Not only is it OP, but the sound effects of them getting stuck in a corner is pretty jarring.
I kind of like that idea too, though what I actually did was slightly lower the damage for the Leg LMG and it seems to be a little better now. For the Behemoth though I did nerf his yellow seeking projectiles significantly in 1.5.9. Maybe it was just the actor he summoned that was messing it up. I'll take a look at it because the Cardinal doesn't use those projectiles.

Edit: I just tried it using the Behemoth actor the Cardinal summons and it works fine.

ForrestMarkX
Forum Regular

Post by ForrestMarkX » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:02 pm

Okay so after doing research into the sound issue it seems they are super loud because they are being played twice. A_PlaySound in death state + DeathSound for instance. OpenAL seems to double their volume if they are played at the same time.

Gadosen

Post by Gadosen » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:07 pm

So... I played a lot of the 1.5.9 in the last couple of days and I should say the only things that annoyed me are the sound and the Advanced Necronomicon. The rest is a perfect 10. The new sprites, new music, new leg weapons, new enemies... just awesome!
Is the fixes for the sound and the Necronomicon are going to be made now or only for 1.6? Because the book is pretty much worthless now and the sound is just too loud for me in certain parts :/

ThePlamzJoker

Post by ThePlamzJoker » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:31 pm

Legendary wrote:So you don't believe that having the Leg Rune makes everything too easy? The main issue is killing things too fast and the cause of that is the 2x damage from the Leg Rune.
My argument against changing the rune in any way is simply this - it's fun. It's a satisfying reward after toiling and slogging through such difficult situations, suffering the worst the mod can throw at you. It's fairly uncommon to obtain one from a leg monster now (aside from the high-tier ones) so when you do actually get the rune it basically changes the game entirely - but that's not necessarily a bad thing. It may make most of the monsters easy to blast through, but that's what makes this powerup so much fun. I may be biased in the way I critique and analyse elements of the mod because I always consider single player scenarios rather than multiplayer - I am aware that when more than two players in a server have the rune, it's basically their game and nobody else gets a chance. But when it comes to playing alone, having the rune turns a deadly challenge of a game into a fun romp, and I will always love that.
Untitled wrote:So what you can make Leg Rune do is make you do double damage on everything EXCEPT the leg weapons, and the devastator and that kind of stuff.
I do like this idea. One thing I wouldn't mind missing from the rune is extra damage on the actual leg weapons, as they're pretty powerful as they are, and is an idea consistent with how legendary items and monsters are already have exceptional properties to keep the balance (e.g. leg monsters not being hurt by leg weapons). Despite how satisfying and fun it can be to completely destroy a top-tier cyber in a matter of seconds, this could be an option should you ever consider touching the precious rune again. :P
Legendary wrote:As for incorporating replacer into LCA I won't do that. I have a lot of people that don't like replacer and the main one is part of my team.
Thank you.

Legendary
Forum Regular

Post by Legendary » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:14 pm

Gadosen wrote:So... I played a lot of the 1.5.9 in the last couple of days and I should say the only things that annoyed me are the sound and the Advanced Necronomicon. The rest is a perfect 10. The new sprites, new music, new leg weapons, new enemies... just awesome!
Is the fixes for the sound and the Necronomicon are going to be made now or only for 1.6? Because the book is pretty much worthless now and the sound is just too loud for me in certain parts :/
Nice man, glad to see you're enjoying everything. As for the Necro and all the other little bugs that I've spotted and heard about they are patched for version 1.5.9.1, I will release that pretty soon. Just making sure there are no other game breaking bugs first.
ThePlamzJoker wrote:
Legendary wrote:So you don't believe that having the Leg Rune makes everything too easy? The main issue is killing things too fast and the cause of that is the 2x damage from the Leg Rune.
My argument against changing the rune in any way is simply this - it's fun. It's a satisfying reward after toiling and slogging through such difficult situations, suffering the worst the mod can throw at you. It's fairly uncommon to obtain one from a leg monster now (aside from the high-tier ones) so when you do actually get the rune it basically changes the game entirely - but that's not necessarily a bad thing. It may make most of the monsters easy to blast through, but that's what makes this powerup so much fun. I may be biased in the way I critique and analyse elements of the mod because I always consider single player scenarios rather than multiplayer - I am aware that when more than two players in a server have the rune, it's basically their game and nobody else gets a chance. But when it comes to playing alone, having the rune turns a deadly challenge of a game into a fun romp, and I will always love that.
Untitled wrote:So what you can make Leg Rune do is make you do double damage on everything EXCEPT the leg weapons, and the devastator and that kind of stuff.
I do like this idea. One thing I wouldn't mind missing from the rune is extra damage on the actual leg weapons, as they're pretty powerful as they are, and is an idea consistent with how legendary items and monsters are already have exceptional properties to keep the balance (e.g. leg monsters not being hurt by leg weapons). Despite how satisfying and fun it can be to completely destroy a top-tier cyber in a matter of seconds, this could be an option should you ever consider touching the precious rune again. :P
Legendary wrote:As for incorporating replacer into LCA I won't do that. I have a lot of people that don't like replacer and the main one is part of my team.
Thank you.
I see now, I probably won't be changing the rune. I do agree that nerfing it will make it less of a reward. It's one of the things LCA is known for. However, nerfing the damage for it with Legendary weapons isn't really a bad idea at all. It will make things more balanced, but It will also make things less fun. Too much balance is boring.

Gadosen

Post by Gadosen » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:42 pm

I agree 100% with this. No change necessary in the rune.

eric87051
New User

Post by eric87051 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:14 am

Although AnnihilatorImp Spawner make Imp crowd challenging, 1/8 drop rate of grenade launcher is too much, consider it also drops Rilfe, Assault shotgun, Rocket launcher.
Since this weapon make you avoid line of sight from enemy in lots of situations, I think it should be drop by larger thread like Cyberdemon or Cydestoryer, not an Imp.

Explosive minigun is buffed by zero self damage and 1 ammo consuming per shot, now it is even more OP that makes other bullet type weapon not necessary to use, especially it can makes you "minigun jump", I really think original one is more balance, when there is an Explosive minigunner make it not that rare to be obtained.

Untitled
Forum Regular

Post by Untitled » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:37 am

Problem is that it's the virtually the only way to make Bullets still relevant compared to the HSG, QSG, SSG, and ASG - The minigun's on par with the SSG and ASG, sure, but there's no real way to make an equivalent weapon for QSG still usable, as doubling the rate of fire of the minigun results in a weapon that uses its entire ammo supply in less than 12 seconds (11.4, if you want to be precise) which limits usefulness.

Besides, the SSG completely replaces the SG, and no one complains about that

And the HSG does that again to the QSG and no one complained about that either (despite that one being far sillier, because Hexa-Shotgun zombies are silly).
Last edited by Untitled on Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Legendary
Forum Regular

Post by Legendary » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:16 pm

eric87051 wrote:Although AnnihilatorImp Spawner make Imp crowd challenging, 1/8 drop rate of grenade launcher is too much, consider it also drops Rilfe, Assault shotgun, Rocket launcher.
Since this weapon make you avoid line of sight from enemy in lots of situations, I think it should be drop by larger thread like Cyberdemon or Cydestoryer, not an Imp.

Explosive minigun is buffed by zero self damage and 1 ammo consuming per shot, now it is even more OP that makes other bullet type weapon not necessary to use, especially it can makes you "minigun jump", I really think original one is more balance, when there is an Explosive minigunner make it not that rare to be obtained.
Funny that you say that, I actually lowered the drop rates for the Annihilator Imp a couple days ago. As for the minigun, check out what Untitled said before me about the reasoning behind it.

Twinkletwats

Post by Twinkletwats » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:50 pm

Follow-up to my last post -
After using the demon rune, my attack speed returned to the intended speed with rage. However, the grenade launcher and rocket launcher now hurt me with splash damage (not sure if that was an intended change to the legendary rune in 1.5.9, but I dont remember it being the case before)

Legendary
Forum Regular

Post by Legendary » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:26 pm

Twinkletwats wrote:Follow-up to my last post -
After using the demon rune, my attack speed returned to the intended speed with rage. However, the grenade launcher and rocket launcher now hurt me with splash damage (not sure if that was an intended change to the legendary rune in 1.5.9, but I dont remember it being the case before)
I actually think that's a bug. If you were using Zandronum 3.0 I think that was the cause of it but I'll check to make sure. Try on 2.1.2's version also and see what happens.

Gadosen

Post by Gadosen » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:08 pm

It's just me... or the Zandronum 3.0 is f*cking up the things a little bit?

Legendary
Forum Regular

Post by Legendary » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:07 pm

Gadosen wrote:It's just me... or the Zandronum 3.0 is f*cking up the things a little bit?
A lot, that's why I had to make two versions of LCA.

Legendary
Forum Regular

Post by Legendary » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:20 pm

Hello again everyone, I have made some small changes to LCA. A few things were broken such as the Necro and the Leg Power Sphere when using the rune. Since that was somewhat game breaking I have decided to make a small update with a few fixes. This version is v1.5.9.1 since it is just fixes instead of it being v1.6.0. Let me know if you spot any other bugs and tell me how to reproduce them. Here are the links:

lca-v1.5.9.1.pk3

This is the version for Zandronum 2.1.2.
lca-v1.5.9.1-zan2.1.2.pk3

tarrasqueSorcerer

Post by tarrasqueSorcerer » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:40 pm

Legendary, why don't you add DTech Railgun to 2.1.2 version with reduced FX? As far as I can tell, it doesn't have anything critical that wouldn't work in older version, so removing or replacing some visual effects will make it completely 2.1.2-friendly.

Legendary
Forum Regular

Post by Legendary » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:20 pm

tarrasqueSorcerer wrote:Legendary, why don't you add DTech Railgun to 2.1.2 version with reduced FX? As far as I can tell, it doesn't have anything critical that wouldn't work in older version, so removing or replacing some visual effects will make it completely 2.1.2-friendly.
Because of the railgun projectile itself. It doesn't work properly in 2.1.2.

Zheg

Post by Zheg » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:04 pm

hi im back :v

Legendary
Forum Regular

Post by Legendary » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:16 pm

Zheg wrote:hi im back :v
Lol, I haven't heard from you in like 2 months.

Gadosen

Post by Gadosen » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:18 am

Zheg wrote:hi im back :v
Zheg typed "resurrect" on console, guys :v

ThePlamzJoker

Post by ThePlamzJoker » Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:01 am

Legendary wrote:Hello again everyone, I have made some small changes to LCA.
Ah, a well deserved update! I actually do have more queries now and then, but I always end up forgetting some of them when I post on here. For now it's just a couple of things I've been meaning to ask for a while - firstly, what exactly is the purpose of the "D_LEGINT" music? I'm assuming it's supposed to be for an intermission at some point, but I've never actually heard it used in-game before. Also, I noticed there isn't a "D_LEGM22", only a 21 and then it skips to 23. I know it's petty and trivial, but it just bothers me every time I see it :P
I'll be continuing my videos with this small update and I'll let you know if I do find anything else :biggrin: