[v1.0.0] WebDoomer - Efficient and fast server browsing as a web app

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
Fused
Contributor

[v1.0.0] WebDoomer - Efficient and fast server browsing as a web app

Post by Fused » Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:12 pm

Image Image

What is it?
WebDoomer is a project that aims to quickly and efficiently display Zandronum and QZandronum servers in a web browser.
The app uses a scheduler that periodically fetches all servers and holds them in storage for any users using the website.
This way servers are delivered fast and doesn't require users to fetch servers themselves.

Usage
The main servers page will list all servers by player count.
By pressing on a server you will be able to list additional information such as the current players and the wads required to join.

The app will generate a join command which can be used to join the server. You can then copy this into an app such as the command-line interface in order to join the server.
Doing this requires certain configuration to be set up, such as the location of your Zandronum or QZandronum executable, and the location of your WAD files.
This configuration can be set up by navigating to the configuration modal. This is done with either the configuration button on the top right, or by navigating using the informative header.

The app also features the ability to join with a single click. At the moment this requires you to set up Doomseeker and additionally associate a URL scheme that Doomseeker recognizes.
The steps to do this are listed on the website by following the information header that is displayed on the site.

Current limitations
  • Any features related to joining servers or configuring the user experience is disabled for mobile users as this is not supported.
  • The one-click join feature is currently only supported for Windows users.
  • The server list will be behind on updates in this first release so servers might not be up to date to their current state. This can be up to 10 minutes difference.

Suggestions/contributing
Got any suggestions, or do you want to contribute to the project?
Consider joining my Discord where you can easily discuss the project and other projects.
Alternatively you can also submit an issue in the Github repository, or post pull requests if you would like to contribute to the project.

Image Image
Spoiler: Screenshot (Open)

Be sure to bookmark this website so you can easily check out the server list.
For any questions, suggestions or complaints, please visit my Discord. :cool:
Last edited by Fused on Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
My mods
Image Image

My socials
Image Image

TDRR
Forum Regular

Re: [v1.0.0] WebDoomer - Efficient and fast server browsing as a web app

Post by TDRR » Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:20 pm

This is really neat! Only one feature I feel is missing, and this is a small not really necessary one, but it would be really nice if the wad list had links to each wad based on the wad URL the server is using. Would be very convenient.
I can't seem to find the option to create the command line to connect, either.

Great job so far, I really like the clean interface.
One thing I have asked from the Lord, that I shall seek: That I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord and to meditate in His temple. (Psalm 27:4, NASB)
My Discord tag is @tdrr, and it's my preferred contact method. I also check PMs here from time to time.

Fused
Contributor

Re: [v1.0.0] WebDoomer - Efficient and fast server browsing as a web app

Post by Fused » Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:10 am

TDRR wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:20 pm
This is really neat! Only one feature I feel is missing, and this is a small not really necessary one, but it would be really nice if the wad list had links to each wad based on the wad URL the server is using. Would be very convenient.
I can't seem to find the option to create the command line to connect, either.

Great job so far, I really like the clean interface.
Thank you! :cool:
I like the idea, and you're actually not the first one to suggest it. I have written this down amongst other features/bugs in the repository.
https://github.com/RoyDefined/WebDoomer/issues

I have also updated the initial post with a link to the issues and also my Discord where changes can be discussed a lot easier.
My mods
Image Image

My socials
Image Image