Watermelon challenges EL on Map26

Archive of past matches
Watermelon
Zandrone

Watermelon challenges EL on Map26

Post by Watermelon » Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:15 pm

Setup:
---------------

In around one month, EL will face A3 on Map26, 3 matches on GV UK, 3 matches on NJ

Matches on other servers don't count, I want to see which is best on all of the servers.
Ex: 3 matches on GV UK are limited to whoever is best on GV UK and affects no win/loss outcome on NJ, same in reverse
EDIT: 2 on each, 1 for if there's a tie

Let's see who is the best on each server. I heard EL is undefeated there, giving a month's notice will hopefully allow us time for each to get their best line up on Map26 and see who owns MAP26 once and for all.

EL down?
Last edited by Watermelon on Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Samurai
Frequent Poster Miles card holder
Clan: Lost Faction
Clan Tag: [LF]

RE: Watermelon challenges EL on Map26

Post by Samurai » Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:21 pm

Not sure about 6 map26 games, but i'd definatley be down for something like this (maybe 4 games). The undefeated record is only when Kongming, Wario, Kiwi and myself played though, I think.

Code: Select all

00:11  <Jarin_cz>	i am pretty sure i have more doom friends than you

wario

Post by wario » Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:27 pm

FYI: We are unbeaten on map26 with the lineup: me, Kiwi, Kong and Swift. To be honest, i don't see too much point in the challenge. Playing the same map over and over will probably make it a bore.

I like scrimming A3 on all kinds of maps more, those were fun close matches. I'm sure there will be a day when A3 beats our "undefeated" lineup on map26 on a random scrim, you guys keep getting better.

Mobius
Banned
Location: The center of the A3's controversial and machiavellian conspiracy
Clan: Cube
Clan Tag: Aᵌ
Banned: Permanently

Post by Mobius » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:08 pm

I am down for it in 3s instead of 4s. Most IDL maps aren't really suited for 3s as 4s aren't in mind when maps are selected considering the rules of IDL. Now this doesn't exclude the shitty map selections of every season, but that's another discussion. Most of the CTF maps in the IDL wad are based around a mid, runner, and defender in mind with certain locations in the map specifically catered to style switches on mid such as 2d 1o given a situation. 3s show more of a team skillset for adaptability instead of 1 extra player playing TDM in case D faults, which creates more of a crutch than a clutch play to be frankly honest.

MAP26, for example, in 4s just means that a whole team can spawn to stop the runner from advancing provided the flag is taken. The runner of the defending team now has 2 more players on D to stop then runner which creates a 4v1 situation in which the defending team turtle a return from. In normal situations such as 3s, the runner of the other team might not have died or it'd become 3 on d without a runner to get by the enemy team if the defending flag is taken. This means that certain rush strategies are more effective in 3s because one can eliminate the enemy team's possibility to run for a flag if they are too pinned down on mid, where as 4s just creates 3d 1o and nothing gets done if one team is packed to the brim with heavy fraggers.

Basically 2d MAP26 is the same for 3s as it is for 4s, but on 3s this can be problematic if you don't provide your runner with support once you get the flag. You don't have to worry about that in 4s.
Last edited by Mobius on Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dewsome: i can do this all day
dewsome: do you think you're somehow special? i spent years arguing with nostar, jenova, mobius
<+Thomas13> Mobius u r inferior, go outside and get beaten up
Alfonzo ~ "I wonder who will hear him trash talk when the dirt closes over him?"

Ivan
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ivan » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:17 pm

Guys you all miss the point of the thread... it's Watermelon challenging EL. It's an obvious 1v4. GL WATERMELON WE LOVE YOU !
=== RAGNAROK DM ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== ALWAYS BET ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== Who wanta sum wang? ===
=== Death and Decay - A new Monster/Weapon replacer ===

Mobius
Banned
Location: The center of the A3's controversial and machiavellian conspiracy
Clan: Cube
Clan Tag: Aᵌ
Banned: Permanently

Post by Mobius » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:35 pm

Damn it Watermelon. Now you're going to die and rage like last night.
dewsome: i can do this all day
dewsome: do you think you're somehow special? i spent years arguing with nostar, jenova, mobius
<+Thomas13> Mobius u r inferior, go outside and get beaten up
Alfonzo ~ "I wonder who will hear him trash talk when the dirt closes over him?"